This recipe is hardly even one. It’s simple, cheap, easy, quick, basic, inexpensive, not difficult….
I give you: Veggie Melt!!
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Small Potatoes, peeled and sliced
Small Head of Broccoli, cut
1 Small Squash, sliced
Other favorite vegetables, prepared
Grated cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper
Knife and cutting board for slicing
Waxed paper or plastic wrap
- Place carrots, potatoes, and broccoli in the microwave-safe bowl. Add some water and cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add the sliced squash. Add other vegetables if they need to be cooked.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove and test to see if they are cooked. Add more time if the potatoes are still raw in the middle or if a softer taste is preferred.
- Serve hot. Top with the grated cheddar cheese.
I usually serve this with cornbread or rolls, to keep it a vegetarian meal. It’s an easy meal. It’s a cheap meal. It’s a quick meal. It gets the kids (and their dad) to eat their vegetables.
©2019 Chelsea Owens